Monday 12 October 2015

LADY LUCK IS WHO YOU REALLY NEED AS A PARTNER ..... ( Article by Dr. Sigmund T. Schukelgruber ) 

There's no getting away from the fact that luck plays a big part in being successful at the table. Even though good players make their own luck , they wont deny the fact that fortunate gifts from error-prone opponents will greatly help their cause. It is always a b;essing to play against weaker opponents on tricky hands , which gives them unlimited opportunities to make errors and to hand you easy tops. So when these numpties meet another crack pair , who along with the field bid a small slam in spades with only one trick to lose , taking their one trick with Ace of trumps poses no problems whatsoever to earn them a flat board.
So yes , I am a great believer in Lady Luck . So much so I have adapted the lyrics of a song ( of the same title ) in dedication to the partner I cherish the most .  This title track comes from the Cate Bros superb first album . which was released in the mid 1970's. 

Lady Luck wont you stay with me for a while
If my scores could improve then so would my smile
For if you were my friend
All my worries would end
Success could be mine displaying daring and style

You could make my life much brighter
You could make my dreams come true
You could make my burden seem lighter
As my guardian angel I'm counting on you

Lady Luck wont you stay with me for a while
For I'm a man without cunning , wisdom and guile
I need that gift of second sight
To make my decisions always right
Then success could be mine by a country mile


Lady Luck
I know so much about you
I can't win without you
Please stay with me
At least 
Just for a while






No comments: