Thursday 29 August 2013

BIGOT MAKES HIS CONFESSION.......a nearly true story by Bridgemeister Gibson

( Racked with guilt Bigot-Johnson decides the time has come to make his confession to the local parish priest , and what follows is the transcript of this remarkable incident )

B-J : Father..... I need to redeem myself before I go.....
Father ( F) : That's alright ......just what sin do you want to confess ?
B-J : What sin !.......Listen father I talking dozens here......big ones.....whoppers ......sins I've committed almost every day of my adult life
F : Then start your confession my son......
B-J : Well first off there's my addiction to the pursuit of pleasure which has cost me my job, marriage and friends
F : The devil puts many temptations in front of us all
B-J : Then there's my constant desire to punish and exploit vulnerable people......especially the old and infirmed
F : Oh dear.....
B-J : Never a day has gone by without me resorting to cheating in my quest for fame, glory and money. Lying and deceiving people is what I set out to do......all the time...... without feeling any kind of regret or remorse whatsoever
F : I fear the devil has had a strong hold over you
B-J : And what's more I am a bully, who heaps scorn and abuse on those who are with me and against me. No one escapes the lashings of a my sharp tongue and cruel vitriolic insults. I am both intolerant and unforgiving......yet I come here asking forgiveness from you and the church
F : My God.....what sort of life have you led all the years ?
B-J : Nothing out of the ordinary.....I'm just your typical , everyday sort of bridge player
   

No comments: