Friday 14 June 2013

PART 3 OF THE BAWTRY GAZETTE'S SENSATIONAL STORY......( Courtesy of Bridgemeister Gibson )

With no one willing to listen to the sharp words of warning dished out by the concerned few, the single minded majority doggedly carried on bidding and playing the cards. As it turned out the mad axeman had decided to vacate the club house, but not before pouring petrol and setting alight the areas all around the ground floor exits. The fire then spread rapidly through the building,   and not surprisingly another concerned member turned round to speak to his table companions.


North : He's bloody well gone and set fire to the building !
South : Who ?
North : The lunatic killer who has already beheaded two of our members
South : Really ?
North : Yes....really..... just over there by those blood stained tables ......this probably happened no more than 3 or 4 minutes ago
East :  Excuse me.....but your table behaviour is bang out of order.......extremely disconcerting and intolerable.....please don't make me call the director.....
North : What !
East : You sir are interrupting my flow of thought.....can't you see that I'm in the middle of playing a very tricky contract.....
North : My dear lady.....the club house is on fire.....and we are all about to be burned alive
East : For the last time......shut up......and let me think
North : Sod you.....I'm off.....while there's a chance of me getting out alive
East : Right....that's it....I am calling the director......DIR....RECT....OR !!!

( Despite the fact the building was almost engulfed in flames, members remained oblivious to the dangers, happy to continue playing out their hands, and dutifully waiting for the bell to go before leaving the table. )

Director : Yes ? ....What's the problem ?
East : North has left the table before playing the hand out.......
Director : Where's he gone ?
East : He threw himself head first out of the window
Director : Do you wish to put in a complaint ?
East : Yes....indeed I do
Director : Fine....I'll just nip off and get you a form
East : And while you're at it.....can you do anything about the faulty central heating.....the place is boiling in here.....
Director : Yes....I'll turn temperature setting down........
East : Thank you.....and make sure I get an above average score for this uncompleted board
Director : Yes......of course

( The end )

No comments: