Monday 23 January 2012

MORE GRAVESTONE EPITAPHS IN REMEMBRANCE OF SADLY DEPARTED BRIDGE PLAYERS....... ( Tombstone research by Pun )
  • If anyone needs a ruling you'll find me upstairs
  • He told us his partner would be the death of him. How right he was.
  • I'm more in the dark now that I was playing bridge
  • Half way into a tricky slam he tempted fate when he said " I think I can make it ". Words that have surely come back to haunt him
  • His dying words were, as he went down in 3 NT contract :  " that was a particularly nasty heart attack "   
  • Deeply missed by all who never knew him 
  • He said his opponent's superb declarer play " completely took his breath away ". No truer words were said.
  • As a player he was forever biting his nails. Now it's just dust.
  • I know I got partner riled, but can anyone shed some light on what happened next ?
  • His last words were " Partner, any idiot can change a light bulb....just watch and learn ".
  • He solved some of the most difficult and complex bridge problems, only to die of complications
  • He said " This is the type of hand I would die for " : truly a man of his word.
  • After years of trying to improve his game, he finally saw light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately for him it was a fast approaching train.
  • Died of shock when he fell victim to a killing switch
  
           
      

No comments: