Wednesday 23 February 2011

BRIDGE ADDICTION FROM DOWN UNDER......... ( a nearly true story by Bridgemeister Gibson )
Old Joe really loved his bridge despite being a player who, after 40 years of trying, still never managed to pull off a big win. But on one this one unbelievable occasion, he suddenly found himself on a roll, securing one top after another. Then all of a sudden he felt a sharp bite on the back of his leg, only to keel over onto the floor writhing in pain.
A doctor was immediately summoned.
" Bugger me, Joe, " he sighed, " you've been bitten by the deadliest spider around . You're a goner. "
" Strewth ", said Joe, " how long do you reckon I've got ? "
" I'm sorry to tell you cobber.....but I guess around 5 minutes . "
" Strewth.... "
" Listen mate, let me get your wife on the phone......... you've got this one last chance to say goodbye ........and a perhaps few tender loving words ? "
" No bloody way......just help me back into my seat............I've been dealt a ripper of a hand..... and there's no way I'm missing out on this one ! "

No comments: