Saturday 6 March 2010

" DOCTOR JOHN....I'VE HAD THIS STRANGE DREAM "
- Yes Bigot......why don't you tell me about it....."
- Well, the scene is a courtroom.....and Percy Pantopod has been chosen for jury service, but he very much wanted to avoid it. He tried every excuse he could think of but none of them worked. Now, on the day of the trial he decided to give it one more shot. So just as the trial was about to begin he asked if he could approach the bench.
"Your honour" , he said, " I must be excused from this trial because I am prejudiced against the defendant, who I have told is the infamous Bigot-Johnson. I have heard stories about him being a loud, obnoxious, bullying bridge player, a wife beater and a serial flouter of the law. I took one look at that man over there with that hideous moustache, ill-fitting pin-stripe suit, beady eyes and dishonest face.....and I said to myself there is a truly wicked man, who is as guilty as hell.....guilty, guilty, guilty ! "
The judge thought for moment or two, only to give a very stern reply : " Get back into that jury box....You're just the kind of juror we want in this trial.....a good judge of character.....for that man is Bigot-Johnson's shyster of a lawyer. So let's get this most despicable villain up from the cells, and get this trial underway. "
- Upon my soul Bigot, this self-abasing dream of yours tells me you've suffering from a serious and severe mental disorder....
- Oh bugger.......

No comments: