Wednesday 13 January 2010

REBECCA ROOD'S MAILBAG.............................
Dear Rebecca, I am a transsexual. Or should I say, I'm midway through a series of operations to complete my change from a woman to a man. The reason behind this gender-change decision is purely down to one overwhelming desire of mine. And that is to break into the male-dominated elite of top class bridge players. It was obvious to me that as a woman the path that would get me into the top flight was strewn with numerous man-made obstacles. By becoming a man, I am convinced that I have a much better chance of gaining the recognition and acceptance I thoroughly deserve. Do you think I am doing the right thing ?.
Yours, not now a woman, Nora Mann
Dear Nora, In many ways I agree with your view of a male-dominated bridge world, and I also empathise with your frustration at being ignored and/or spurned by the closed ranks of top flight men. However, to undergo a sex change seems to me a rather drastic and extreme step to take. So do I think you're doing the right thing ?.....To be honest. I would say "no". I have for many years held the view that " I am so glad to be born a woman.....because if I were a man I would have to marry one ! ". Yours admiring your balls, Rebecca

No comments: