Friday 30 October 2009

REBECCA ROOD'S MAILBAG.................................................................
  • Dear Rebecca, I have noticed that you tend to partner men in major congress events, rather than women. Does this mean you rate men as better players ( excluding yourself of course ) ? Yours curious to know, Peggy Malone
  • Dear Peggy, The only reason I play with men is just that.......I play with them......just like a cat with a mouse. Men are so easily teased and tempted into make some disparaging remarks about my game, but such actions would be sheer folly on their part. In fact, all my male partners have allowed themselves to become easy victims, to be lashed and berated by my rapier wit and acid tongue. Even I would wary of partnering someone like myself, because hell hath no fury like this woman's scorn. Yours always in ascendency, Rood
  • PS. You really need to read my latest book entitled " Dealing With Men Requires A Firm Hand, A Tight Grip, And Plenty Of Force". The chapter " Socking it to your sexist partner " may well be of particular interest to you.

No comments: