Friday 14 August 2009

REBECCA ROOD'S MAILBAG..............................................

  • Dear Rebecca, I've won countless club trophies. but despite all these achievements I cannot get into the club's Intercity 'A' team. What else can I do to get the recognition and call-up I so richly deserve. Yours forever overlooked............Des Trought
  • Dear Des, I'm sorry to say, but your primary focus needs to be getting some sort of a reality check. Winning a few selling plates does not qualify you to run in the classics. There's an old racing adage "horses for courses" that you need to take on board. Should you ever venture out into the big-boys world of congresses and/or national competitions......beating the likes of me and my fellow grandmasters...... then I agee, you may have a point. Otherwise, come to terms with the fact you are no more than the proverbial nag. Yours straight from the horses' mouth......Rood

No comments: